Asheville Nature Fest 2019
At this year’s Nature Fest, parents have the opportunity to “shop around” for their kid’s nature-based education.
Asheville Hiking Tours is partnering with The Asheville Farmstead School to bring a new mission to Nature Fest 2019. This year, the event focuses on the range of environmentally-based schools and opportunities available across Asheville. Parents can “shop around” for their kid’s nature-inspired education, from toddler’s programs to those more advanced. The push to get kids outside and tackle society’s nature deficit aligns with the values of both The Farmstead School and Asheville Hiking Tours.
What else can you expect at Asheville’s Nature Fest in 2019?
- Wildlife presentations, including birds of prey and reptiles
- Nature scavenger hunt on the Salvage Station property
- Animal-inspired face painting
- Live bluegrass music by local musicians
- Outdoor, riverside atmosphere with food, bar and ice cream
- Nonprofits and vendors, which may include The American Chestnut Foundation, Southern Appalachian Highlands Conservancy, Mushroom Mountain, Wild for Life, The Hop, the Southern Appalachian Herpetological Society, and other nature-inspired vendors and artists!
Check back soon to save the date! Nature Fest will be held at The Salvage Station in late September or early October 2019!
Natural Notes is Asheville Hiking Tours’ blog about nature, history and travel in the Appalachians. Asheville Hiking Tours offers waterfall tours, elk tours, firefly tours and hiking trips in the mountains around Asheville, NC. For more info visit www.AshevilleHikingTours.com.